Short distances – a car-free holiday
Your holiday without a car in St. Anton
St. Anton can be reached easily from Innsbruck airport and/or by rail. Make the most of this opportunity and leave your car at home. You don't need it here. St. Anton's infrastructure is perfectly set up for everything in both the winter and summer.
Advantages of a holiday without a car in St. Anton
- You save on the motorways tolls that you have to pay in Austria.
- If you're coming from the west you save on the toll for the Arlberg tunnel.
- You don't have to contend with traffic jams or heavy snowfall and snow chains in the winter.
- You save on petrol and a lot of hassle.
- On your winter holiday in particular you can reach everywhere without a car, although saying that it would only stand in the car park in the summer too. Everything can be reached on foot or using the regional hiking and ski buses.
- ... and the environment will thank you for it too of course.
From the hotel to the slopes
You leave the hotel in your normal shoes and only change into your ski gear when you get to your free ski storage at the cable car bottom station (roughly 200 metres away). It doesn't get much closer than that on a ski holiday in Tyrol. The nearest cross-country skiing trails also start just a short walk away.
Local buses in the summer and winter
Using the free Summer Card you can travel by local bus, hiking bus, Verwall bus and the public bus from St. Christoph to Landeck free of charge. The blue ski buses also take you from ski resort A to B free of charge in the winter.