Tobogganing & cross-country skiing in St. Anton
Classic and skating trails close to the hotel
The Arlberg is a real paradise for skiers in particular. However, the facilities for cross-country skiers have also been developed over the last few years. In the meantime St. Anton has even been awarded with the quality seal for cross-country skiing trails by the state of Tyrol.
Cross-country skiing trails around St. Anton
- The Stanzertal trail: The trail leads along the Rosanna river to Flirsch and covers 22 km in total. Flat with no difficult passages. The start is near the recycling point. Just a few minutes' walk away from the Sporthotel.
- The Ganderau trail: Start this easy 3 km circuit by the fire station in St. Jakob. You can also get onto it via the Stanzertal trail.
- St. Christoph trail: A 2.5 km trail with several short downhill and uphill sections. Situated at 1,800 metres and ideal for meeting up with skiers in between.
- Verwall trail: This trail is considered to be one of the most beautiful in the whole of Austria. The 10 km long tour starts near the Mooserkreuz hotel and leads into the Verwall valley to the reservoir.
- In Pettneu: The Reit trail (2 km) and Pofel circuit (1.5 km) are situated in the neighbouring village Pettneu.
Cross-country skiing lessons & equipment
Cross-country skiing lessons are also offered at the ski schools in St. Anton. We will be happy to help you with the arrangements. You can also take a look at a list of the ski schools that offer lessons.
You can hire equipment, for example at Intersport Arlberg.
Night skiing in Pettneu
The trail in Pettneu is floodlit until 8.30 p.m. on Mondays and Fridays. You can park at the wellness park, the trail is groomed for skating and classic skiing.
Tobogganing in St. Anton
A 4 km long natural toboggan run lit up at night leads down to Nasserein from Gampen. The run takes roughly 15 minutes and covers 500 metres difference in altitude. You can get toboggans from all sports shops and at the bottom station of the Nasserein cable car.
You can also find shorter toboggan runs (1-1.5 km) in Pettneu, Flirsch and Strengen.
You can get a detailed map of the trails from us at the Sporthotel St. Anton. Send us your non-binding enquiry or book online and look forward to an excellent winter holiday with skiing, cross-country skiing and much more on the Arlberg.