Idyllic cross-country skiing around St. Anton
Classic cross-country and skating on the Arlberg
The Arlberg is a true paradise for ski enthusiasts. But passionate cross-country skiers will also find diverse opportunities across 40 kilometres, a network of trails that has been awarded the Tyrolean state cross-country seal of quality.
Cross-country ski trails around St. Anton
You can get out on the trails right next to your Sporthotel St. Anton. Even without your car, you can enjoy an active winter holiday. A little further away are cross-country routes that you can reach on skis or with the Verwall bus. Five different cross-country ski trails invite you to explore the idyllic winter landscapes of the Arlberg:
- The Stanzertal trail: this trail runs along the Rosanna to Flirsch, covering a total of 22km. Level, with no difficult sections. The trail starts near the recycling facility, just a few minutes' walk from your Sporthotel St. Anton.
- The Ganderau trail: This easy 3km loop starts beside the fire station in St. Jakob. You can also get to it from the Stanzertal trail.
- St. Christoph trail: A 2.5km trail with numerous short ascents and descents. At an altitude of 1,800 metres, this trail is a good choice if you want to cross paths with the occasional skier.
- Verwall trail: This is one of the most beautiful trail sections in all of Austria. The 10km tour starts near the Hotel Mooserkreuz and leads down the Verwall valley to the Stausee.
- In Pettneu: The Reit trail (2km) and the Pofel loop (1.5km) can be found in neighbouring Pettneu.
Cross-country ski lessons & equipment
Cross-country ski lessons are also available in St. Anton's ski schools. We will be happy to help you make arrangements, or you can find out more about the range of ski schools in the region yourself. You can hire the equipment,including sticks, cross-country skis, comfortable clothing and much more, at Intersport Arlberg and many other sports shops.
Cross-country skiing at night in Pettneu
The cross-country ski trail in Pettneu is open until 9:00pm Mondays and Fridays under lights. You can easily park beside the wellness park and start your tour there. Both skaters and classic cross-country skiers will find perfect conditions on the extremely well-prepared trails. A truly magical experience for a quiet, clear winter's night on the Arlberg.