Enjoy the short distances in Tyrol on your car-free holiday
Your relaxing, car-free holiday in St. Anton
The St. Anton am Arlberg international ski resort is easy to get to from Innsbruck airport or by rail. Take the opportunity to leave your car at home. You won't be needing it, as the public transport system in St. Anton will get you wherever you want to go in both winter and summer.
Your hotel in St. Anton, the Sporthotel, boasts a convenient central location with a variety of leisure options right outside the doors. The ski lifts, various shops, welcoming bars and restaurants can all be found within a short distance of our Sporthotel. You won't need your car until the time comes to drive home from your holiday in St. Anton.
The benefits of a car-free holiday in St. Anton
- Save yourself the expense of the road toll vignette, which is compulsory on all Austrian motorways
- If you are coming from the west, save on the toll charge for the Arlberg Tunnel.
- You will not need to deal with traffic jams, nor worry about heavy snowfall or fitting snow chains to your tyres in winter.
- Save on both petrol and stress.
- It is particularly easy to get around without a car in winter, but even in summer there's no need to stand around waiting for parking spaces – you can get everywhere you need to go on foot or using the local hiking and ski buses. If you would still prefer to travel here by car, St. Anton contains several parking areas and underground garages where you can park your car. One of these is just a few metres away from your Sporthotel St. Anton
- – and the environment will also be grateful.
From your hotel in St. Anton am Arlberg to the slopes
If you don't wish to leave your ski equipment in the hotel's ski cellar, you can enjoy a leisurely stroll to the slopes in your winter boots and get your gear on when you reach the free ski depot at the valley station (about 200 metres away). Your skiing holiday in Tyrol could hardly be easier. It is also just a short walk to the nearby cross-country ski trails.
Take the bus in summer & winter in St. Anton
In summer, your free summer card entitles you to free travel from St. Christoph to Landeck on local buses, hiking buses, the Verwall bus or regular public buses. In winter, the free, blue ski buses will get you from A to B within the Arlberg ski region. Public buses also run to Lech and Zürs – ticket charges apply.
Send us an obligation-free holiday enquiry and enjoy an effortless holiday at the Sporthotel St. Anton. You are also welcome to book directly.